Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 2014 20:59:43 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        portmgr@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Strange pkg_deinstall behaviour with pkgng

On 07/30/14 01:43, Bryan Drewery wrote:

Hello.

>> Yes, pkg now requires -f to have the old behavior.

No, it does not.
"-f" is the old "-f"; "-R" is the old "-R"; no way it can behave now
like it did before when no such option was passed.

> I have released a quick hack to workaround this by passing in -f.

Thanks, but this is not quite it.
Aside from being IMHO a very bad idea, this is still different from the
old behavior and will deinstall many more ports, leaving several
unsatisfied dependencies (just tryed it now).
Again, at the very minumum, the user should be warned of the POLA violation.

  bye & Thanks
	av.