Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 1997 10:37:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Brann <jbrann@brann.org>
To:        surfnsun@nor.com.au
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: making progess on install

KevinWaterson wrote...
> OK one step at a time
> I managed to find a new copy of boot.flp from
> ftp://ftp.au.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/2.1.7-RELEASE/floppies/
> and put it on a freshly formatted (dos) 1.44 disk.
> next, I insert the disk into a: on a machine that has only dos6.22
> and a cd driver and boot.
> Non-System disk.
> I am determined to get this right.
> Any thoughts?

How did you copy the floppy image?

You need to use 'rawrite' (if you're in DOS / Windows land) which is
available in the 'tools' directory of the release tree.  This seems to
have disappeared from the install instructions...

John

--
Prohibit work, prohibit pay - people are dying!
			Situationist International slogan

finger jbrann@brann.org for pgp public key