Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 1996 18:13:16 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        frankd@yoda.fdt.net (Frank Seltzer)
Cc:        broome@msiadmin.cit.cornell.edu, paulb@online1.magnus1.com, jmb@freefall.freebsd.org, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Other disks of Pioneer DRM-624X changer

Frank Seltzer stands accused of saying:

> > But a message in this group about a month ago said that the ch device is
> > for scsi tape changers and that cd was for cdroms, including changers.
>
> A quick look at the kernel config file LINT says:
>
> device          ch0     #SCSI media changers
>
> It is not specific in what media changers it is required. I assumed
> (maybe incorrectly) that this applies to all SCSI changers, including CDROMs.

Multidisk CDrom's aren't implemented using a seperate changer device - that
would make no sense, as you could only change to a new disk after unmounting
(and thus unlocking) the current one.

Instead, the drive appears as several drives on the same ID but different
LUNs.  Thus, no seperate changer device, and thus no need for the 'ch'
device.