Date:      22 Nov 2000 05:53:35 -0000
From:      Yusuf Goolamabbas <yusufg@outblaze.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Port redirection using ipfw

Hi, I am trying to solve the following problem. I have a machine with
a single Ethernet interface. I would like incoming packets sent to a
certain port on this machine to be redirected/forward to another
machine (different IP/subnet) and a different port

I compile a 4.2-stable kernel with the following options

options         IPFIREWALL              #firewall
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD      #enable transparent proxy support
options         IPDIVERT                #divert sockets
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT    #allow everything by default

For e.g if the machine is at 10.0.0.2 and I want to forward incoming
packets at port 81 to 192.168.1.2 port 80. I wrote the following ipfw
rule

ipfw add fwd 192.168.1.2,80 log tcp from any to 10.0.0.2 81

However, this doesn't seem to work. Any ideas where I am going wrong
or this is not possible with ipfw and I need some other toolchain for
this

Regards, Yusuf

--
Yusuf Goolamabbas