Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:58:41 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi "the Wraith" Asami)
Cc:        y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp, nate@mt.sri.com, motoyuki@FreeBSD.ORG, pcasidy@worldnet.fr, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which LAN PCCARD for FreeBSD (no PAO!)

> Do we really need to go that far?  From Hosokawa-san's last post, it
> seems the PAO folks have gotten things a little less centralized now
> so maybe we can re-try our regular communications method, i.e.,
> e-mails.

I think it couldn't possibly hurt, and besides, I want an official
excuse to go to Japan twice a year (stop messing with my thinly-veiled
justications here, Satoshi - *whack!* :-)

More importantly, I think it would keep everybody moving if we sort of
had milestones to hit twice a year or so - people tend to be a bit
more motivated if they know they have a big meeting coming up where
they'll be expected to discuss their latest progress and will look a
little silly if there's no progress to discuss.

> Also, we need firm committments from all parties involved to make this
> work.  What we need are people who want to see some of the PAO
> improvements merged into the mainlike code, not people who just want
> to complain about broken stuff and attitude problems and stuff.

Amen.  That should practically be in the FAQ.  Or would that be the FC?
(Frequent Complaints).

> By the way, if it's going to be any help, I'm willing to sit in that
> exchange and help resolve the language barrier issues.

It will, and thanks.

> The conference is in Doubletree?  I thought it was in the Conference
> Center. :)  (BTW, I'm staying in Marriott.)

The conference center is *in* the Doubletree hotel. ;) It's no big
deal either way since the Marriott is just across the street and they
even have a connecting walkway.  Monterey is a great town, I think
we're going to have some fun there.  It certainly beats NEW ORLEANS IN
THE SUMMER, that's for sure! :-)

> Great, tack a little message to me at the end of a long and unrelated
> post which I happened to read just because I was interested in the
> topic.  Now that's communication, Jordan! :>

No, that's stealth.  I wanted to commit you quietly to this without
you necessarily noticing. ;)

> Kidding aside, yes, I agreed to speak in the next one.  You guys were
> supposed to come up with some timetable/schedule/whatever so we can
> start planning.  (You can even save the entire lodging budget for me
> if you hold the event in Tokyo. :)

We'll work on all of that over the next 60 days, I promise.

- Jordan