Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 17:10:59 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        David <ddavid_3@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, rahermon@iastate.edu
Subject:   Re: Mem Use ( large)

On Fri, 4 May 2001, David wrote:

> I have been experiencing these same "symptoms" as Ramon is describing,
> except for the swapping, which i rarely get any, but system responsiveness is
> extreamly poor and "laggy" when starting X with KDE-2.1.1, mouse stops or
> rather sticks during the startup for KDE, and also during startups to programs in KDE.

I don't know if this is related or not, however...

Since I udates to XFree 4, I have not been able to use X configured to use
the sysmouse via moused.  Mouse and general system response becomes VERY
slow.  Removing moused and having X use the mouse directly does work, but
I lose console mouse support, etc.  I updated to 4 to use the G450 driver.

System is currently 2 months old.  X is more recent  (< 2 weeks)
4.2-STABLE FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE #8: Sun Mar  4 02:37:47 MST 2001

I don't EVER recall having any problems with moused before.  :)

I haven't had time to investigate this problem.

Later......						<Doug>