Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:16:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
Cc:        Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>, Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: inetd_enable=?

Erik Trulsson wrote:
> Mileage varies.  I have run -stable for quite some time and I did (and
> do) have inetd_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf so your assertment is not
> strictly correct. (And I wouldn't have noticed the change if I hadn't
> seen a comment about it on the cvs-all list.)

I've been running -stable for several years on a number of systems (max
time is >5 years on one system, min time is >1 year) and I didn't have
inetd_enable="YES" on _any_ of the systems.  Why should I, when that was
the default?  I would have had inetd_enable="NO" if I wanted to override
the default, yes?

It _did_ deserve a heads-up in the stable list.  A big one.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/