Date:      Tue, 06 Jul 2004 08:47:09 +0300
From:      Alex Lyashkov <shadow@psoft.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        "Christian S.J. Peron" <csjp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [patch] attach ipfw rules to jails

=F7 =F7=D4=D2, 06.07.2004, =D7 08:34, Julian Elischer =D0=C9=DB=C5=D4:

> vimage is a good idea but it has great problems in an expandable world.
> (i.e. with systems that use klds a lot)
>=20
> It relies on all globals being moved to a structure, but
> the structure needs to be defined at compile time so it can not be
> expanded when a module is loaded to accomodate the globasl from that
> module. Thsi COULD be solved by adding an extra level of indirection
> for all globals but that is a lot of overhead, and it could be resolved
> using something similar to the TLS (thread local storage)
> technology being developed but it would still be  a non trivial bit of
> work to make it a production quality system.
>=20
> Julian
I do not know who work TLS (if it easy please explain it) but my view
for this problem - if for this module not reserve place at global
structure - use private per module storage where placed reference from
global prison structure to module data. And add 2 callback`s -
init/destroy prison context.
Or other way - add to prison array where each modules been registered
pointer to data associated with this module at this prison context.=20
I use similar way where add per vps ipsec support at FreeVPS.

--=20
Alex Lyashkov <shadow@psoft.net>
PSoft