Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 14:09:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        sporkl@dti.net
Cc:        Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>, parrothd@midwest.net, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Keeping mutliple machine and telnets straight....

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, sporkl wrote:

> Hello
>
> 	I read your post as to stting up a different prompt for bash, but
> I am wondering if anyone knows specifcally how to do this for tcsh.
> thank you.

	This is what I've got in my .tcshrc file right now.  m = machine
	(the hostname), h = history number (how many commands), t = time
	in a.m. and p.m. style, the ~ substitutes for /usr/home/andrsn,
	and the # makes the prompt switch from > to # if I su (aliased
	to su -m) to root.  You can of course change the order.

	set prompt = "%m %h %t %~ %# "

	Annelise