Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 11:53:48 -0600 (CST)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Which IRC

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 05-Dec-00 Jim Freeze wrote:
> > I have never used IRC, but it seems to be listed everywhere I look. So, I
> > figured it's about time I learn.
> >
> > However, after perusing the ports collection, I see that there a just too
> > many choices. Can someone suggest a starting point, i.e., which IRC to
> > install first?
>
> xchat is probably the easiest and most intuitive.

For X: probably x-chat. Maybe kvirc.
For console: ircII or epic. BitchX, as much as it's hyped, is not for
beginners.

Check http://www.irchelp.org/ for more.

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
System Administrator                         Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000
Author, The Book of IRC              http://www.bookofirc.com/