Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 22:20:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <jamie@inna.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>, nate@mt.sri.com, terry@lambert.org, toneil@visigenic.com, jfieber@indiana.edu, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sun Workshop compiler vs. GCC?

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, Terry Lambert wrote:

> Most likely, you or Nate will need to provide me with a file to
> point to in config.sys or autoexec.bat, one you know for a fact will
> not be removed by the Win95 install.

device=c:\sb16\sbcd.sys

It will not rem out this driver.  This is the 16 bit cdrom driver
supplied with a creative labs discovery 2x kit to attach a panasonic
cr-563 to a sound blaster 16 with panasonic interface.  It will happily
load and use this driver.  If you rem out this driver, you no longer have
cdrom access in dos.  I would love to not have to waste memory on old
drivers, but I don't seem to have that option, and alot of older software
will not run in anything but a dos command prompt.  Annoying as it is, it
seems to be the way of things.

Jamie Bowden

Network Administrator, TBI Ltd.