Date:      Tue, 03 Mar 1998 21:30:07
From:      "M. Monninger" <markem@primenet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD at war with Win95 over 3Com 900XL ...

At 08:02 PM 3/3/98 -0800, Doug White wrote:
>  ...stuff about 3C900 ethernet cards...

FWIW, I have a 3C900 also. It works OK under FBSD with the vx0 driver but I
can't get it to work at all under NT. The 3Com diagnostics find it OK but
it just doesn't work...it doesn't talk to the network. I got in a package
deal with my DSL line but I use a cheapie $20 "generic" ethernet card
instead...works great. The 3C900 is definitely un-impressive.

My $0.02 worth...

Mark