Date:      Fri, 02 Oct 2009 13:22:07 +0100
From:      Bruce Simpson <bms@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Philip Romanov <philip_romanov@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IGMPv3 implementation

Philip Romanov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does the current implement IGMPv3 state machine when it comes to merging interface state changes during retransmissions as per 5.1 of RFC3376:

Yes, the IGMPv3 implementation merges state changes per interface.

A per source counter is not used for doing this, rather, if there is a
pending state change for the interface, the merge is performed at the
level of the outgoing mbuf queue.

> Can somebody shed any light on it? What is the compliance of interface state "merge" during report retransmits?

As far as I know, it works. I had a regression test framework for this,
but due to some problems with the serial driver in 8.x, I was unable to
fully run this test framework.

thanks,
BMS