Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 1995 10:57:16 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de (Thomas Graichen)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: disk-striping

> hello
>
> i remember that someone experimented with disk-striping in the past - is there
> anything coming into the FreeBSD tree in the next time ? - is anybody working
> on that ? - if not i would like to adapt the NetBSD ccd driver to FreeBSD -
> has anybody else tried it (to avoid reinventing the wheel)
>
> thanks in advance - t

I had originally located a striping disk device driver down at Caltech - I
think it was called "ilv" - Rod Grimes started to hack on this but decided
it wasn't worth the effort.  You might wish to ask him what his current
status is- <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>  He seems to have dropped off the
face of the earth lately.

The NetBSD ccd stuff looks promising (never having used it).  Go for it :-)

... Joe