Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 1996 08:13:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Christopher D. Cofer" <cofer@www.cas.unt.edu>
To:        Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing Stable on 386/33 No Boot Prompt.

I found the problem.  I removed the SIIG controller and replaced it with
a simple IDE controller.  It worked fine.  Is the on board BIOS on
controllers not supported under FBSD?

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996, Tom Samplonius wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Jul 1996, Christopher D. Cofer wrote:
>
> > I am trying to install stable on a 386/33 with 20 Meg.  I have correctly
> > downloaded and checked on another machine the boot.flp.  After the
> > machine goes through POST it hangs.  The floppy is operational with
> > other OS boot disks. Has anyone seen this before?
>
>   Make sure the drive is configured as 1.44MB floppy in the CMOS setup.
> DOS doesn't care, and works no matter the CMOS says, but the loader on the
> boot disk needs to know.
>
> Tom

* Christopher Don Cofer             College of Arts      *
* cofer@unt.edu                       and Science        *
*                              Computer Support Services *