Date:      Fri, 8 Jan 2010 22:21:27 +0100
From:      Thomas Zander <thomas.e.zander@googlemail.com>
To:        FreeBSD - Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Call for testers - mplayer svn port

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 09:04, Ganael LAPLANCHE
<ganael.laplanche@martymac.org> wrote:

> I have had no time to test the port yet unfortunately, but reading
> files/patch-stream-stream_dvd.h, I see that you use an included libdvdread. I
> think it would be great to use our (ports') version. It is the one released by
> the Mplayer team, so it should build without trouble (I hope so).

Probably.
I prefer the internal dvdread, though, because the dependency list of
mplayer is already quite extensive, and I am trying to reduce the
number of dependencies where possible.

> By the way, Martin, I have an old PR waiting for approval (see
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/131969). It suggests switching
> to Mplayer's version of libdvdnav. It may be interesting to switch to this
> version and add libdvdnav support to the new Mplayer port...

The new port uses libdvdnav support already. Again, mplayer's built-in
version. Works fine here.

Riggs