Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:53:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
To:        Susie Ward <sward@voltage.net>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mainboard recomendation needed

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Susie Ward wrote:

> At 08:45 AM 2/24/98 -0500, Jamie Bowden wrote:
> >I have an FIC PA-2007, and am very happy with it.  It will cache up 256M,
> >but only supports 64M DIMMs, so if you want more than 128M, you have to do
> >it with SIMMs.
>
> I guess it's not possible to mix SIMMs and DIMMs? I've read different
> things about different boards on this topic, but never found any info on
> the PA-2007 about this.

It can be done, it's not recommended unless your DIMMs are the same speed
and type as your SIMMs, and I am not sure how recommended it is then.  The
FIC manual has charts on how to mix SIMMs and DIMMs if you choose to do
so.

--
Jamie Bowden
Systems Administrator, iTRiBE.net

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)