Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 15:56:35 +0800
From:      liupc <liupc@locust.iie.ncku.edu.tw>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Intel TX chipset problem?  (sio0 not found)

Hello,
       I installed FreeBSD 3.0-971015-SNAP on my computer:

        Pentium 200-MMX CPU
        Iwill p55-XUW main board
        Logitech Serial Mouseman
        dec dc21040 PCI network card

        Almost all device can be detected by the kernel, except COM1 and
COM2.

        I have recompiled the kernel, sio0 on 0x3F8 and irq 4, sio1 on
0x2F8 irq 3.
The boot message always show that "sio0 can not found".  I set the flag
of sio0 to
0x80 to see the error message, here it is:
                    probe test 5 failed
                    probe test 8 failed
                    sio0 not found

        The COM1 and COM2 works fine when I boot with ms-win95, I am
sure that
my hardware is ok.  How should I do to let the kernel detect the sio0
and sio1?

Sincerely yours,

michale liu

email:  locust.iie.ncku.edu.tw