Date:      Thu, 01 Oct 1998 21:24:20 -0700
From:      Sanjay Waghray <sw@home.com>
To:        LITE solutions <lite@cable.a2000.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: extremely slow and strange connection with cable modem and 3c509

What cable modem do you have?

I have a cable modem set up with a 2.2.7 box and have
been running fine for a long time now! In fact, I first
installed 2.2.5 on this box via ftp from ftp.freebsd.org
over the cable connection.

I routinely get transfer rates (ftp from well connected
sites) of 300-600 kbps.

Until recently I'd been running on a 3C509 card; I have
a Bay Networks LANCity modem.

Please email me if you have any questions.

Sanjay