Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 11:26:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What good PII/PIII Motherboards for FreeBSD and Celeron CPU's

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Vincent Poy wrote:

> Greetings everyone,
>
> 	What are the current good motherboards for FreeBSD for the pentium
> II and III?  I know on the Pentium, it was the ASUS board but for the
> PII/PIII, is the Abit the better board?  Also, I was wondering what is the
> fastest Celeron chip that can be overclocked to run at 100Mhz FSB?  Does
> it matter if it's Slot 1 or PPGA based?  Thanks.

	I know a lot of people like the ASUS P2B boards, but I've noticed a
tendency for the systems to reset occasionally when plugging in a keyboard.
I've seen this with both FreeBSD and NT, so I'm considering it a property
of the board.

	I've had great results with the Tyan 1836DLUAN/Thunder 100's.
I've got several boxes with 1GB of RAM and dual 450's humming along.  For
comparison one system with less memory and a SuperMicro board but identical
system software has had a couple of wierd spontaneous reboots over the last
few months.

	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]