Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 1995 10:39:31 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
Cc:        FREEBSD-HACKERS-L <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, Larry McVoy <lm@slovax.engr.sgi.com>
Subject:   Re: New lmbench available (fwd)

>     I think we should get the biggest, baddest FreeBSD machines around
> and submit lmbench results for them... Russell Carter, you there?  :)

I got a pretty nasty one sitting here that Rod put together for me, but
I can't get the lmbench stuff working.  I don't have time to mess around
with it either, so if it doesn't work I'm not going to take the time to
figure it out.  Even minimal instructions would be helpful...

Hmm, I used RCS to checkout the top-level files, and it now requires
something called rccs.  This is really standardized. ;(  Ahh, I see it
requires that . is in your path.

Still going.  The build blew up when the Makefile attempted to copy
/bin/true, which is /usr/bin/true on BSD systems.  In any case, I've got
it working now.  I'm running it first to make sure I don't have any
bogus answers, at which point I'll have it sent off to the list.

Nate