Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:54:11 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bpf, ipfw and before-and-after

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 10:31:01AM -0400, Barney Wolff wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 11:39:23PM +1000, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> >
> > Now my question to you guys is, does what I want or what I describe
> > here make a little bit sense? Or am I totally going the wrong way?
> > Or has this topic already been discussed multiple times and decided
> > not to do it? Maybe there is somebody thinks this is a cool thing
> > and wants to help me with adding it to the system?
>
> Seems to me that with ipfw logging and tcpdump packet selection this
> is largely a non-issue.  We should be wary of adding complexity to
> what's already at the limits of human comprehension.

Could you explain that first line a little bit more verbose?

About the second one, given the fact that I could find out how it
works (more or less) and where to add the statements, makes me think
that despite the complexity of the thing being achieved, the
implementation in the code is pretty neat and structured.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis
edwin@freebsd.org