Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 23:17:26 +0100
From:      "Brian" <Killabunny@seductive.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installation fails to locate source Dir.

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C06A11.D96D9680

Greetings,
*Note - as i'm not currently subscribed to the mailing list (due to the =
delay of confirming e-mail from the mailing list) i'd appreciate it if =
any responses were e-mailed to me personally, although i could just as =
well hunt them down in the mailing list archive.=20
   Durring the Installation of FreeBSD 4.2, i encounter several errors =
whining about missing files - infact, *none* of the files were actually =
recognised. In otherwords, the errors which occur are described as "bin =
packages could not be retreived from (Fat32 primary partition)" ...or =
something similar . The conclusion to which i've come is that the =
installation is simply not recognising or unable to read from/write to =
the C:\FREEBSD\ directory under my MsDos partition. This is the source =
directory which i'm using for the installation, (installing from a DOS =
partition *duh*). I've run into a *similar* problem when attempting to =
install Slackware Linux (but gave up) earlier. I doubt that the boot =
kernel failed to detect my harddrive, as i was able to proceed through =
the partitioning stage of the installation. =3D\=20
To the point... Does anyone have a logical sollution for this? Has it =
happened before?=20
 *keep it real*=20
      -Brian

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C06A11.D96D9680

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Greetings,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>*Note - as i'm not currently subscribed =
to the=20
mailing list (due to the delay of confirming e-mail from the mailing =
list) i'd=20
appreciate it if any responses were e-mailed to me personally, although =
i could=20
just as well hunt them down in the mailing list archive. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Durring the Installation =
of FreeBSD=20
4.2, i encounter several errors&nbsp;whining about missing files - =
infact,=20
*none* of the files were actually recognised. In otherwords, the=20
errors&nbsp;which occur&nbsp;are described as "bin&nbsp;packages could =
not be=20
retreived from&nbsp;(Fat32 primary partition)" ...or something similar . =
The=20
conclusion to which i've come is that the installation is simply not =
recognising=20
or unable to read from/write to the C:\FREEBSD\ directory under my MsDos =

partition. This is the source directory which i'm using for the =
installation,=20
(installing from a DOS partition *duh*). I've run into&nbsp;a *similar* =
problem=20
when&nbsp;attempting to install&nbsp;Slackware Linux (but&nbsp;gave up) =
earlier.=20
I doubt that the&nbsp;boot kernel failed to detect my harddrive, as i =
was able=20
to proceed through the partitioning stage of the installation. =3D\ =
<BR>To the=20
point... Does anyone have a logical sollution for this? Has it happened =
before?=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;*keep it real* </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
-Brian</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C06A11.D96D9680--