Date:      Fri, 5 May 2006 12:59:30 -0500
From:      "Jaime Bozza" <jbozza@qlinksmedia.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DVD Burners/USB

Hello,

I recently replaced a DVD Automated Burner unit with a newer model.  The
older model used firewire for the drive interface and dvd+rw-tools
worked fine.

The new model uses USB 2.0 ports (1 for each drive.)  Unfortunately, it
seems that dvd+rw-tools no longer seems to work.  Running
dvd+rw-mediainfo returns a "GET CONFIGURATION" error.  cdrecord seems to
work fine for burning CDs, but I don't currently have a license for the
DVD code.

The system is running FreeBSD 6.0 Stable from around February.

I was just curious if anyone was aware of some sort of issue with the
usb/umass interface that would not allow dvd+rw-mediainfo to access the
drive correctly when the firewire/sbp interface would.

Thanks,

Jaime Bozza