Date:      Sat, 6 Feb 1999 12:13:20 -0600
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Kernel Crash!

I got the following output when my kernel crashed (02021999 source).  I have
been getting spontaneous reboots during periods of high network activity
through this machine also.  I jotted this down off of the screen.

wd1: interrup timeout (status 50 <rdy, seekdone> error 0)
fault virtual address 	= 0x82c7dc85
fault code			= supervisorread, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xf0200002
stack pointer		= 0x10: 0xf2ea4df8
code segment		= base 0x0, limit fffff, type 0x1b
				= DPL, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor flags		= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= 4 (syncer)
interrupt mask		= bio
trap number			= 12
panic: page fault

Could this be caused by SoftUpdates?  I have it on all slices except root
(and swap):
	First IDE (wd0) has /, swap, /usr/local
	Second IDE (wd1) has /usr

These are relatively old drives on a 486DX100 ISA machine.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@visi.com