Date:      Fri, 02 Aug 2002 09:24:07 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
To:        Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
Cc:        jdp@freebsd.org, re@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tcp checksum MFS requerst

--==_Exmh_-1520295196P

If memory serves me right, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:

> do you object of MFSing jdp's fix from 1 Jul 2002 to
>
>    Revision  Changes    Path
>    1.17.2.3  +15 -10    src/sys/i386/i386/in_cksum.c
>    1.7.2.2   +15 -12    src/sys/i386/include/in_cksum.h
>
> into RELENG_4_6 ?

So as I understand this change, it just allows these files to be built
with higher optimization levels, but without changing functionality in
any way.

I'm somewhat opposed to merging this fix to RELENG_4_6, as it doesn't
seem to be anywhere near the same magnitude as the commits that have
gone into RELENG_4_6.  The other changes are fixes for security
advisories or fairly major regressions of functionality (such as the
ata(4) driver fixes).

I think it'd be a nice fix to have, but if we merged in every "nice to
have" change, we'd basically end up with a new, full release.  That
release (4.7) isn't due out for another couple of months.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-1520295196P

--==_Exmh_-1520295196P--