Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 17:17:46 -0500
From:      Branson Matheson <Branson.Matheson@FergInc.com>
To:        nash@mcs.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Runnig FIND

On Wed, Nov 19, 1997 at 04:02:46PM -0600, nash@mcs.net wrote:
> On 19 Nov, Branson Matheson wrote:
> >  Everynight at the same time there is a cronjob that is probably
> >  running it.. to find an idea of who/what/how/and why .. try reading
> >  the manpage on crontab and running as root 'crontab -l' to see what
> >  it is.
>
> /etc/daily & friends are executed out of /etc/crontab.  Typing 'crontab
> -l' as root will produce 'crontab: no crontab for root'.

 Your right. I forgot about that little gem. That is a pain in the
 tuckus. Could make for alot of headaches when searching for somthing
 like this. Grrrr. Is there a reason for crontab -l *not* showing
 /etc/crontab?

  - branson

Branson Matheson       	        " If you are falling off of a mountain,
Unix System Administrator         You may as well try to fly."
Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.           - Delenn, Mimbari Ambassador
           ( $statements = <BRANSON> ) !~ /Corporate Opinion/;