Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 2010 23:05:04 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Gavin Atkinson <gavin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Sam Wun <swun2010@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd for Sun Fire X4250

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010, Sam Wun wrote:
> This server is built with Xeon cpu processor, Intel based.
> Can FreeBSD 8+ fully compatible with this server like those ordinary
> Intel i386 machine?

Although it's hard to say (the Sun website doesn't realy give enough spec
details), I'd be surprised if it doesn't work.  FreeBSD runs very nicely
on every Intel- and amd64-based Sun machine I've tried it on.

You'll almost certainly want to use the FreeBSD amd64 release rather than
i386, and I'd probably recommend 8.0-RELEASE, although 7.2 should work
fine.

By the way, this is the wrong list for questions like this: if you have
any others, you're probably best off directing them to
freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org

Gavin