Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2013 23:05:04 +0100 (CET)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>
To:        David Naylor <dbn@freebsd.org>, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, qat@redports.org, decke@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lang/gcc46 leaving directories around (WAS: [QAT] r334234: 3x leftovers, 1x depend_object)

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013, David Naylor wrote:
> The following reports indicate that /usr/local/share/info/gcc46
> (directory) is being left in the working environment and not properly
> cleaned up.  Since the ports do not create or use anything in that
> directory I assume this is an issue with the lang/gcc46 port.

This is _not_ an issue with lang/gcc46, but with the general ports
infrastructure that I first reported on October 23rd.

Bapt had a first patch a week ago
  http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/info-dir.diff

This indeed removed the stray info/ directory, but caused the following
upon `make deinstall` in my testing:

  /scratch2/tmp/gerald/prefix/gcc47/info/gcc47/dir: could not read (No such
  file or directory) and could not create (No such file or directory)
  /scratch2/tmp/gerald/prefix/gcc47/info/gcc47/dir: could not read (No such
  file or directory) and could not create (No such file or directory)
  :

I just committed a workaround to lang/gcc46, will work on lang/gcc next,
and filed PR ports/184178 to track this on the infrastructure side.

Gerald