Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:37:19 +0100
From:      "Mark Rowlands" <mark.rowlands@minmail.net>
To:        "'Harry Woodward-Clarke'" <Harry.Woodward-Clarke@S1.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: File sharing with 2 computers on a LAN...

is the ip address of the windows box in /etc/hosts?
eg : 192.168.0.2   mywindowsbox
can you ping the windows box? by ip, by name?
have you made a mount point for the share eg: mkdir /mp3

then

shlight //yourboxname/yoursharename  /yourmountpoint
-U validusernameonwindowsbox  -W workgroupnameofwindowsbox

please note the above is all one line