Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 1999 11:25:00 +1000
From:      Jim Mock <jim@corp.au.triax.com>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   The Advocacy Project web site

Hi folks,

As you may or may not know, Rob Garrett <eagle@eagle.phc.igs.net> and
myself have been appointed co-webmasters for the advocacy project.

We've spent the last week or so putting together the framework for the
new advocacy pages (which will be put into the FreeBSD www tree in
about two weeks or so), and we'd like some input and info from all of
you.  We've got a prototype of the site up temporarily at
http://www.ghis.net/~jim/FreeBSD/ .

What we're looking for is the following:

	o Updated user group information.  If you've started or belong
	  to a user group, please check the site to a) make sure your
	  group is listed, b) make sure the info there is accurate,
	  and c) if it isn't, please send us updates.

	o Pictures from user group meetings and/or other events.

	o News and press releases.  Anything you've stumbled across
	  (web sites, magazine or ezine articles, etc.) that feature
	  FreeBSD would be appreciated.  We want to keep the news and
	  press sections as updated as possible.

	o Articles.  URLs to any articles about FreeBSD or if you'd
	  like to write an "advocacy" article (such as starting a user
	  group, etc.) let us know.

	o PowerPoint or MagicPoint presentations.

	o Links, graphics, pictures (I already mentioned that) and
	  anything else you can find that should be on the advocacy
	  site.

Btw, if/when you go to the web site, there are some links that aren't
working (everything under 'In the Press', and a few others).  We're
still working on that stuff.  We need content for those pages, which
is the reason for this message.

If you've got anything you'd like to contribute, please get in touch
with either Rob or myself and we'll go from there.  If you've got
pictures we can use, please either tar them up and put them somewhere
we can grab them, or give us the URL to them and we'll grab them.
Please don't send us a giant tarball by email.  If you don't have
anywhere to put them, let me know and I'll give you somewhere to
upload them.

Later,

--
Jim Mock  System Administrator  jim@corp.au.triax.com  ,-._|\  FreeBSD