Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 06:29:29 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/handbook/

On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 07:34:20PM -0500, Malartre wrote:
> http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/handbook/
> I like it. But why are the Prev Home Next link so much spaced?
> Prev_____________________________Home_____________________________Next
> Also, I think under lynx it's more easy to have first the Next link.
> Next Home Prev
> Like that, you can simply hit the right arrow on your keyboard to browse
> the handbook when you are under lynx.
> Thank You

I see what you mean, but it'd be a problem for me. I often hit enter
twice instead of once, and when the new page arrives I automatically
follow the first link on the new page. I end up never seeing the new page
and wonder how I got to the unexpected page that appears.

In the case of this document, I would skip a section without knowing it
existed.

For that reason, I think it's safer for the first link to point
to the previous page.

If you want to find the "next" link easily with lynx, put it as the
last link on the page. A single keystroke (take your pick) will get you
to that link.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-