Date:      Thu, 16 Jun 2005 01:01:12 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au
Cc:        vova@fbsd.ru, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, matt@gsicomp.on.ca, dmp@bitfreak.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: OpenBSD dhclient incoming

In message: <200506161500.58150.doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
            "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au> writes:
: On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:56, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > : 1: It creates a synchronization issue between it and the ifconfig_*
: > : lines and duplicates functionality.  IIRC, rc.conf being out of sync in
: > : this way has tripped up users in the past.
: >
: > This can be good.  I have ifconfig_fxp1 lines in my rc scripts for
: > when I setup temprary networks as a reminder to what to use.  I
: > specifically set network_interfaces to exclude them from being run.
:
: Surely you could just comment them out..

I could.  But I'm lazy. :-)

Warner