Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:07:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Jesse Ahrens <jahrens@csilaw.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, Jesse Ahrens wrote:

>hey, i got an error 1 code when i tried to recompile my kernel; it went
>through the config command fine, but refused to finish on the make command;
>i appreciate any help i can get

Did you follow _all_ of the instructions?

config KERNEL
cd ../../compile/KERNEL
make depend
make
make install

"Error code one" doesn't say much. If the above doesn't help then please
tell us the few lines that lead up to the "error code one".

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/