Date:      Mon, 04 May 2009 14:48:31 -0400
From:      Steve Polyack <korvus@comcast.net>
To:        Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11 <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Radeon 9250 DRM in 7.2-RELEASE

Robert Noland wrote:

> Why is this drm2?  Is this a multicard setup?  Multicard doesn't work
> right now.  If you aren't using more than one card, can you disable
> whatever else drm is attaching to?
>
> robert.

This is something funny I had to deal with initially.  There is *no*
drm0 or drm1 being probed.  Consequently, there is only one entry in
/dev/dri/, card2.  As a result, Xorg doesn't even recognize card2 as a
source for DRM (probably due to what you said).  In the past, I have
symlinked /dev/dri/card2 to /dev/dri/card0 and Xorg would work
correctly, utilizing DRM.

I have an onboard Intel VGA device, but as far as I know it is
disabled.  I can double check, but as I've noted things have worked fine
with the above tweak until upgrading to 7.2-RELEASE.

Thanks,