Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:40:54 +0200
From:      David Peall <david@esn.org.za>
To:        "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Cc:        'Gavin Atkinson' <gavin@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: Can't install FreeBSD amd64 (intel DP45GS)

> On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 10:39 +0200, David Peall wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a new box here a Intel DP45GS and a Quad core Intel with 4GB ram=
 that
> I would like to install FreeBSD on.
> > I've tried booting with 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 and 8-BETA2 amd64 and all get stu=
ck
> on:
> > 	Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/md0
>=20
> How long have you waited for?

An hour how long should I wait?

In the meantime I have setup pxeboot and tested a number of releases.
Sysintall working but no nic support : 6.3 amd64, 6.4 amd64=20
Hang on /dev/md0 : 7.0 amd64, 7.1 amd64, 7.2 amd64, 8.0-Beta2 amd64
=20
> If you get the option in the BIOS, can you try disabling the floppy
> drive or the floppy drive controller and see if that makes a difference?

There is no floppy connector on the motherboard and no floppy drive options=
 in the BIOS.
=20
> Also, do you get any extra info out of the system if you select "boot
> with verbose logging" from the boot menu?

After=20
	Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/md0

I get:
	Start_init: trying /sbin/init
	Start_init: trying /sbin/oinit
	Start_init: trying /sbin/init.bak
	Start_init: trying /rescue/init
	Start_init: trying /stand/sysinstall
	/stand/sysinstall running as init on vty0
	GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/49faae8a8342179f removed.

I have left it like this for now see if anything else appears.

I'll have this hardware until tomorrow at which point they going to take it=
 away from me :-)

Indecently 7.2 i386 will install?

Ps should I have sent this to freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org ?

--=20