Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2007 06:50:12 GMT
From:      dfilter@FreeBSD.ORG (dfilter service)
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: usb/110681: commit references a PR

The following reply was made to PR usb/110681; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: dfilter@FreeBSD.ORG (dfilter service)
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 06:48:40 +0000 (UTC)

 imp         2007-07-25 06:48:33 UTC

   FreeBSD src repository

   Modified files:
     sys/dev/usb          ukbd.c
   Log:
   Fix absolutely maddening autorepeat bug that would cause the last key
   to repeat if you had more than two keys down at any given time (which
   happened to me all the time with emacs).

   This is taken from PR 110681, although what URATAN Shigenobu describes
   there is different than the pathology that I have been seeing.  I'm
   seeing this only in X, while he sees it on his console, yet I think
   the two problems are related.  I've also reworked the patch slightly
   to conform to the coding standards of adjacent code.

   It is unclear to me if this merely masks the maddening bug that I have
   seen, or if this is a real fix.  I typically see the problem when I'm
   typing fast in emacs and using lots of motion keys (meta and control).
   In either case, my workstation at work again is finally useful with
   this patch.

   PR:             110681
   Submitted by:   URATAN Shigenobu
   Approved by:    re (blanket)

   Revision  Changes    Path
   1.72      +9 -0      src/sys/dev/usb/ukbd.c