Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:49:09 +1030
From:      Ian <no-spam@people.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD NFS server & Linux clients

--nextPart1284289.JeNZWfkQyz

I'm trying to get some opensuse 10.3 clients to access nfs shares on a Free=
BSD=20
5.5 server. It works fine most of the time, but every so often when using b=
ig=20
programs like openoffice & firefox, the program will stop responding for a=
=20
couple of minutes.
After doing some googling, I enabled lockd & statd enabled on the FBSD=20
server - before I did that, those apps wouldn't even start without massive=
=20
delays. I still get these occasional lockup while using the apps however.=20
Interestingly, other apps seem to be able to access the nfs shares even whi=
le=20
the 'big' apps have stopped responding.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea how to fix or even troubleshoot this=
=20
problem?

My rc.conf on the server looks like:
portmap_enable=3D"YES"