Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 1996 10:26:03 +0100 (MET)
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>
To:        tphilips@cedar.netten.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Re: what a pisser

After some consideration, I've redirected this one to questions (was
on -chat).

Tracy Phillips writes:
> Amancio Hasty wrote:
>>
>> Some of us
>> o use small sigs 8)
>
> hehe,
>
> good point i guess i'll have to come up with a snazzy FreeBSD sig :)

I think you're missing Amancio's point.  It's not the content of the
.sig, it's the size.  You'll note that most of the regulars on the
list don't use a .sig at all.

> btw im pretty new to FreeBSD, but so far i am a happy user. i do have
> one question though. Linux has a lot of documentation available on www
> servers, freebsd seems not to have as much dedicated to this, why.

There are more people out there documenting Linux, but quite honestly,
I hadn't seen a problem in this area.  I recently considered printing
some books with the FreeBSD online documentation (mainly the man
pages, but also the handbook) and discovered it was impractical: it
would have come to about 7,000 pages.  If Linux has more than that
(quantity, not quality) then that's a problem.

> okay, okay since you twisted my arm i will ask one more question :)
> can FreeBSD run BSDI binaries? and if so how well.

Yes.  Normally with no problems.

Greg