Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 12:29:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dick Griffin <dick@dgriffin.org>
To:        mysql@lists.mysql.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ??? StreamServer Port: ... errno 48

 folks,

I'm still struggling, and decided a re-boot was in order, and upon reboot
recievd the following message as my FreeBSD3.2 system attemped to starts
the mysqld,

mysqlFATAL: StreamServerPort: bind() failed errno = 48

It asked me if I has a'another postmaster already running on that port'

I used a default insallation from the FreeBSD packages, and am not sure
how that, or what that means.

Thanks for being patient with me,

Dick Griffin
At Home