Date:      Sun, 24 May 1998 23:00:11 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com, ted@taki.net, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Newsletter #2

Hi,
Here are my old instructions on how to get an answering machine with
e-mail forwarding and caller id which is what I have over here.

ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/Voice.FAQ

Currently with the latest vgetty the audio recording from my
Zyxel U1496 is not very clear. At the time of writing the Voice.FAQ
and right up till I upgraded to the latest vgetty, the answering
machine used to work very reliably. The problem is that back
in October my system crashed and I lost the original vgetty setup
and sources. Most of the functionality which I had on mgetty/vgetty
is now provided by the latest mgetty/vgetty -- the authors just
simply added them independently.

	Cheers,
	Amancio