Date:      Fri, 21 Oct 2005 05:50:28 +0200
From:      Par Leijonhufvud <par@hunter-gatherer.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Resume with ACPI doesn't work on ThinkPad R50e

Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org> [2005.06.09] wrote:
> hw.acpi.reset_video=0 is the only needed value. Then it's all fine.

I did this, and have onw remaining propblem: if I have X
(xorg/windowmaker under 5.4) on and close the lid (withous having
suspended first) the I "loose" the top 1 cm or so of the screen. The
mouse also gets an "offset", which HUPing moused does not change. Nor
does a refresh or restart of windowmaker work: only stopping and
restarting X will do it.

I prefer not to do automatic suspend for the lid close, since I sometimes
leave it on for longer periods, e.g. so that cron can do some regular
tasks overnight, and want to protect the keyboard from cats. Would
setting some value (which?) for the lid close help? I get the impression
that even S1 does stop things from running, which is not what I want

/Par

--
Par Leijonhufvud                               par@hunter-gatherer.org
Two wrongs don't make a right; but three lefts do.