Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 1996 10:05:25 +0100 (MET)
From:      didier@aida.org
To:        John Brann <jbrann@panix.com>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, questions@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: iijppp problems - related to interrupts?

On Fri, 29 Mar 1996, John Brann wrote:

> Bruce Evans wrote...
> >
> > Cables radiating.  Most likely misconnected modem control lines.
> >
> > Bruce
> >

> Er, for the ignorant (i.e. me), are you suggesting that my external cables are
> at fault?  Or is something about the card or ribbon cables broken?
>
> I've tried both disconnecting the mouse and reversing the use of sio0/sio1
> but the results are the same - whenever the ppp port starts to get busy,
> the mouse port starts registering infinite interrupts.
>
> John
> --
> Beavis and Butt-Head;  Vladimir and Estragon for the '90s.
>
> finger jbrann@panix.com for pgp public key

I have that kind of problem on my computer. I think that the problem comes
from interferences between the video or the scsi board with the serial cables
located between the serial plug and the mother board.

It may also come from a broken chipset.

my mouse is connected to COM1, COM2 is unusable (disabled)

I installed a serial board (2x16550) as COM2 and COM3

for the external cables the best is to use shielded cable at the right size.

--
Didier Derny     | Microsoft Free Computer.          | 486DX4-120 AL3 chipset
didier@aida.org  | Private FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE site.  | aha2940 / 1Gb HAWK