Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2000 10:35:58 -0700
From:      Chris Moline <chris@theboss.net>
To:        "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: C programming on FreeBSD

At 11:23 PM 9/16/00 -0400, you wrote:
>>Alot of library and system calls are documented in the man pages as well. I
>Yes, but one would have to first know about it.

True.

>I was thinking along the lines of console.. will check
>Mesa/Amulet to see what they are (never read about them before).

Oh. In that case try ncurses, and cdk. Mesa and amulet are gui libraries.

>Actually I just did a searc for the word "library".
>Althgough I see a lot of good stuff I was hoping for any reports
>back on libraries which have been successfully used vs trying a
>whole bunch of them to find out which ones are worth the time.

>Yes, but it is always best to have feedback of what has worked
>for people.

Yes that's true. Mesa and curses are commonly used and so I guess that
means people like them. Libwww comes from the w3c-they maintain the
standards for the www and so I think it might be good.
I can't say for sure since I am still in the process of learning network
programming.

>any reasons we dropped questions?
>I think this whole topic may be of interest to others..
>Anyway since you dropped it, I didn't want to include it back..

I just hit the reply button and sent a response. I didn't think to check
that it was going to the list :(

Hope I've helped,
Chris Moline