Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 11:06:45 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Leon Kaplan <kaplan@CSlab.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   LaTeX - german.sty, amstex.sty

Hi!

Here is something for TeXnicians:

OS:            FreeBSD
Ver:           2.1
LaTeX Ver:     LaTeX 2_\epsilon (taken from the Walnut CD)

I tried installing the german.sty package directly from CTAN with the german
hyphenation patterns. In the course of doing so I had to generate a new
latex.fmt file. The man pages say, that "initex 'lplain \dump'" should
work, but ... there is neither a lplain.tex, lplain.dtx, lplain.ltx,
or anything simmilar in _any_ of the /usr/local/lib/texmf subdirectories.
Neither can this file be found in any other dir of the entire FreeBSD
partition.

Any ideas where I could find it?

Thx,
Leon Aaron Kaplan.