Date:      02 Mar 2003 22:47:09 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, portmgr@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>, re@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GNOME 2.2 or GNOME 1.4 on 4.8 CDs?

--=-KcHS3Wnrb1PigjxLQ22f

On Sun, 2003-03-02 at 22:06, Scott Long wrote:
> Murray Stokely wrote:
> > GNOME 1.4 is still listed in print-cdrom-packages.sh.  Should this be
> > updated to gnome 2.2?
> >=20
> > 	- Murray
>=20
> Can they both be offered and given separate menu items (post RC1)?
> For now, maybe put 2.2 on the cd and see what breaks.  dunno.

5.0 shipped with GNOME 2.0.2 as the default, and that seem to work just
fine.  Both desktops cannot coexist, but they are both
fully-functional.  You can certainly have a choice.  But I strongly
feel, and I know Maxim agrees, we should have 2.2 be the default on the
first CD.

Joe

>=20
> Scott
>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
--=20

--=-KcHS3Wnrb1PigjxLQ22f

--=-KcHS3Wnrb1PigjxLQ22f--