Date:      Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:27:49 -0500
From:      Jeff Isaac <jmidaemon@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any Updates on RS/6000 Support?

David O'Brien wrote:

>On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 10:09:19PM -0500, Jeff Isaac wrote:
>

>>   I was just wondering whether there had been any developments
>>regarding new plans for RS6k support? I found a brief exchange in the
>>archives from March of 2004 saying that there were no plans to support
>>this architecture. Has this changed at all? I would like to commend you
>>folks on porting to the Mac/PPC systems as Apple will soon be abandoning
>>we PowerPC devotees,
>>

>We still have the entire G5 series (and Xserve also) from Apple to
>progress thru before we're done with Apple HW. ;-)

Yes, I know, I know! :-) I am not at all trying to downplay the value of
what you're doing, as I hope to keep my PPC hardware running for a good
long time before I have to get a second mortgage on a house for a RS6000
workstation, but I am always one to like to know my options very very
far in advance (yes, most sane people would call that "getting ahead of
yourself") O:-)
- Jeff