Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 96 12:36:38 EST
From:      chris_brent@mail.orix.com.au (chris brent)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   adaptec SCSI on Free BSD on 2.0.5 R2

     Hi,
        I'm trying to install Free BSD 2.0.5 on a clone 486 using an
     Adaptec 1542 SCSI controller. I have the SCSI Card a CD om and a 2GB
     Segate drive on the chain, its all terminated correctly.  When I boot
     with the Adaptec SCSI enabled I get the following
     aha0: Unknown board-VD.0
     aha0: reading board settings, dma=5 int=11 (bus speed defaulted)
     aha0: aha_cmd,cmd/data port full
     aha0 at 0x0333 irq 11 drq 5 on isa
     aha0 waiting for scsi device to settle
     (aha0:0:0): timeout
     adapter not taking commands...frozen?
     Debugger ("aha1542") called

     (aha0:0:0): timeout
     adapter not taking commands...frozen?
     Debugger ("aha1542") called
     AGAIN
     aha0 MBO 02 and not 00 (free)

     ad nauseum

     If I turn off the BIOS on the scsi card it works but I don't really
     want to do this as it means I can't boot from the scsi drive.  Any
     ideas.
     Thanks in advance
                        Chris (Chris_Brent@mail.orix.com.au)