Date:      Sun, 09 Feb 2003 09:55:07 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Cc:        andrea@webcom.it, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: firewire hangs on Thinkpad

shimokawa-san,

	This sounds like an interrupt storm of some sort.  There are
indications from other sources that there may be an interrupt in the
cardbus bridge that isn't being properly cleared for reasons as yet
unknown.  It doesn't seem to happen on all the machines, since my
laptop is unaffected.  I'm rather busy with work for the next few
days, but I will try to investigate it when things settle down.

Hmmmm, actually I'm a bit hasty in my assessment.  With my an card, if
I kldload if_rl, bad things happen.  I'll look into that when I get a
chance.  This is with a three week old kernel, but I have no reason to
believe that its been fixed in the interrum.

Warner