Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 1996 20:55:05 +0100
From:      Lars Koeller <Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de
Subject:   Please help with amd!!!!!

   Hi!

      I've a really  simple problem, but  amd (automount daemon) is a mess,
   surely  only why   I don't understand  the  docs.   I want to  mount  an
   ufs/msdos floppy automatically by amd when I enter a directory ~/ufs_fd0
   ~/dos_fd0 (I think  and automatic detection  of the file system  type by
   amd is impossible, so we need 2 directories) but I can't fit the correct
   amd config file together.  Is this possible, and when  how can I get the
   desired results?   How  can  I kill amd  without  leaving  a mount point
   amd:24253 back in the mount  tab when amd is lost  in space (no response
   to an kill -TERM 24253!)?

   Thanks

   Lars

Lars Köller			 Phone:  +49 381/498-1665, Fax: -1667
Universität Rostock (Germany)	 E-Mail:
Fachbereich Physik                 Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.Uni-Rostock.DE
Universitätsplatz 3		 Anonymous ftp:
18051 Rostock                      ftp://odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de/pub